8.22.2009

Travelin' Music

Hello Friends,
Did you know that Demeter Design was recently named by a leading European think tank as the Number One Environmental Consultant in the Pacific Northwest to work for?  The Night Owl is not surprised; in addition to our innovative statistical analysis, where else could I scratch out my living by driving through the woods listening to Guns'N'Roses and the Offspring?  But not all traveling music is created equal.  Case in point: after a challenging 72-hour frenzy of data collection, Coho Pete and I had completed our assigned tasks.  Giddy with visions of the comforts of home, my esteemed colleague called on me as navigator and iPod DJ to "rock him out" for the drive home.  To me, that is a request for Credence Clearwater Revival, and I dialed up a classic album.  But we were not two dozen bars into "Green River" when the check engine light came on, and before we knew it the water pump was blown and steam was spraying from the radiator.  To make a long story short Coho Pete is now scrambling to get in under the cash for clunkers deadline.  The experience brought to mind another "Dude" who had car trouble while listening to CCR.  Granted, the Big Lebowski was doing things when he crashed his rig that the Night Owl would never do while on the job.  But the coincidence with the music still makes me wonder.  So what are your thoughts?  What are the best driving albums for the savvy environmental steward?  And is there music that should be avoided due to less-than-positive associations.  The Night Owl needs to know.  Email me at tom.botanist@gmail.com.  Until next time, keep hooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment