1.08.2012

Long time no see! As you have likely intuited lots of changes (all for the better) here in Oregon. First on a personal note. My partner has moved on to work on NEPA for a telecommunications firm. I am still on the non-profit track but am going back to school (yeah!) for zoo animal biology. Luckily there is an affordable program through a local community college that just started. I am really looking forward to it. My passion has always been conservation biology but it is a difficult field to break into. So far all of my research has focused on the habitat side and I would love to work directly with animals.

Additionally with me taking over the firm I get the opportunity to revision and repurpose. The first thing I want to do is develop a more cohesive board. Most of our partners were too busy for any serious involvement (although their help and input was always greatly appreciated). I am looking forward to finding a more flexible group of people to participate.

Finally I am really looking forward to just being married to my husband and not his business partner. It puts a lot of strain (good and bad) on a relationship. We certainly went through a gauntlet and came out mostly* unscathed.

Hope to see you back soon, and look for a newly designed space both on this blog and our home site, demeterdesign.net

Finally check out the twitter feed, ceres.society

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment