7.22.2010

The Farm Cafe

As I've been impatiently waiting for my own tomatoes to do their thing so I can start to somehow incorporate them into every single meal, I was so happy to have my first tomato of the season on the back patio of The Farm Cafe. Obviously a local farmer, armed with a lot more tomato knowledge than myself, has already had luck - and I was the happy beneficiary.

The Farm Cafe has a rotating selection of seasonal raviolis, and I've never once been disappointed. The most recent version was a set of their handmade ravioli stuffed with goat cheese, pecorino, Parmigiano Reggiano,and ricotta, served with blistered cherry tomatoes. And much like how anticipation makes things even better, those tomatoes were absolutely awesome. Likely because it had been so long since I'd had any fresh local tomatoes, but I'm so happy they're about to burst onto my dinner plate from here until our vines dry up and we've exhausted our repertoire of tomato canning recipes.

But apparently there's more to life (and dinner) than tomatoes. Keeping with my red theme, I had the beet carpaccio and enjoyed the combination of beets, goat cheese, and mint. Goat cheese was kind of the other big hit of the evening, as the sauteed goat cheese on greens with caper dressing was excellent. Other recommendations would include the hazelnut encrusted cheese ball and the mascarpone cheesecake with pecans and Dulce de Leche.

No comments:

Post a Comment